Wednesday, June 26, 2013

UPDATE 6/26/2013

I have been getting many responses from people about "running away to be with my birthmother". People have been telling me that I am heartless & selfish but they do not know the full story. I had a lot of issues going on at home and when I turned 18 I decided to move out and try to start over. My adoptive parents knew it was coming. Unfortunately, these last couple months have not been a walk in the park for me. I've had to finish all my school work online to make sure I get my diploma from high school. 
When it came time to walk in graduation my birthmother & her husband brought me to New Jersey so I could attend my graduation & walk across the stage. When I got there my birthmother started receiving texts on her phone saying how she has ruined my life & my future & that I'm not safe with her. This upset her to the point where she was shaking & it gave me so much anxiety that I felt uncomfortable attending my graduation ceremony. I was so upset because I was looking forward to walking across the stage. Later that night I went to the high school & asked to just have my diploma handed to me. My principle didn't even think twice & just handed me my diploma. I could tell he felt very bad.  

1 comment:

  1. no one should be calling your heartless about leaving to live with your bmom, I was just asking if you had left before the age of 18 because I was concerned that it could have caused legal issues for your bmother. Don't listen to the people who are bashing you for it, as you saw on the forums, I ran away at 17 so I know what its like to feel like you just need to get out.

    ReplyDelete