Wednesday, May 29, 2013

September Runaway

In September of 2012 I made desision that would change the way a lot of people looked at me. I decided to leave home and go be with my birthmother. A lot of people told me that it was a stupid idea but I beg to differ with them. If I didn't leave home for two days and take it upon myself to get on a train and get to Maryland to see my birthmother then I think that my parents would still be treating me like I am five years old. I talked one of my good friends at the time into coming with me, which was a stupid idea. I was nervous to go on public transit and be in Baltimore by myself.
After high school cheerleading practice that day I called up one of my friends from a different town and asked him to drive us to the train station. He was a little bit confused as to why I had to go to the train station in the middle of the school week but he willingly agreed to take us. On the way to the train station I kept telling myself that my parents were going to be so angry at me and would never forgive me for what I was doing. I kept wanting to tell my friend to turn the car around and to take me back home but I knew that this is what I have always wanted to do. When we got to the train station there was no turning back. We bought our train tickets and sat in McDonalds drinking strawberry milkshakes until it was time to board the train. When the train finally arrived I gave my friend that drove us a big hug and thanked him for bringing us to the train station and helping me out. Once I was on the train I had to shut off my phone so my parents couldn't track me. I felt really bad for what I was doing but it had to be done. The train ride took a few hours and the closer we got to Baltimore the more nervous I got. Once we got to Baltimore my nerves calmed down a little bit once my birthmother picked us up. We drove through the city and to my Aunt Stephanie's house where we were suppose to spend the night. I wasn't even in Baltimore for an hour and my parents were able to find out where I was and track my phone. Within minutes my phone was blowing up with text messages, calls, and facebook messages from my parents and family members. My uncle ended up tracking my phone, finding out where we were and taking me back to his house with him. I was so upset. This wasn't how I planned it to be. I was suppose to stay there and be happy, but instead the tables turned.
I spend the night at my uncles house and dropped my friend off at the train station the next day. After dropping my friend off at the train station I went to work with my uncle and then we went to get some food a Bahama Breeze. I wasn't really in the mood to eat because I was really upset and annoyed. I felt like nothing could ever go my way. Later that night we went and picked up my birthmother and all went to dinner at TGI Fridays. I didn't want this dinner to end because that would mean it was time for me to get back on the train and go home. I didn't want to go home, I wanted to stay there, but I was forced back home.
After we were done eating dinner we drove my birthmother back to drop her off. I got out of the car and gave her a big hug that lasted for like ten minutes. She told me that she believed everything would be okay. When it was almost time for me to go I reached in my bag and gave her a neckless I had bought for her back in July. The neckless was two connecting hearts the symboled a mother and daughter's love. She also gave me a neckless a few weeks before. It was an infinity symbol to symbolize that her love was and always will be forever. I didn't want to leave but I didn't really have much of choice. I was taken to the train station and put on the train to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment